Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday, June 4, 1920

To-day is like living. A calm, beautiful sea. Everybody is on deck smiling and happy and we are able to move about, promenade, etc. and be comfortable.

A Palmist from London going to America, offered to give some readings this forenoon to help swell the fund for the orphans. In a spirit of fun, I allowed her to read my palm (the first time in my life). She sketched the past, commented on the present and gave some startling things for the future, all of which I accepted as fun. I told her the one thing on my heart was to know how the home folks were - that I had missed connection with my mail in Paris. She assured me that everybody was all right and that I should have no undue concern about them. This part I mean to believe.

I dressed for dinner to-night, and felt fine afterwards. Enjoyed sitting on deck and watching the stars.

Truly - “The night has a thousand eyes

And the day but one;

Yet the light of a whole world dies

With the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes

And the heart but one,

Yet the light of a whole life dies

When love is done.”

No comments:

Post a Comment